Tribes of Midgard: Everything you need to know about co-op and crossplay
Tribes of Midgard offers a great co-operative experience, allowing you and your buddies to work together to take down epic bosses and achieve victory.
In this article, we'll provide an overview of co-op in Tribes of Midgard, as well as some tips for getting the most out of the experience.
How does it work
Tribes of Midgard is a multiplayer game where you can play with up to 10 other people in co-op mode. It's great for playing with friends but you can also find some new teammates online with the Matchmaking mode. However, this is only possible via online, split-screen is not supported.
The game does not offer any kind of PvP competition between players. In Tribes of Midgard, the main goal is surviving together.
You and your teammates have plenty of freedom, you have to explore the world together to gather material so that you can improve your camp's defense and your character’s weapons. However, not everything is exploring, since you’ll have to protect the camp every night from enemies.
Does Tribes of Midgard have crossplay?
Unfortunately, crossplay between consoles and PC is not supported yet, however:
- Steam and Epic Games Store users can play together on PC.
- PS4 and PS5 users can play together.
How to join co-op with your friends
Before you are able to play online you will have to play the tutorial first.
Once you are done with the tutorial, inviting friends is as simple as:
- In the main menu, you will see a button in the bottom-right corner.
- Press the button to invite people to your group. you can also invite directly through your friends list on your console or via Steam if you are playing on PC.
- Wait for everyone to join up.
- Start a game.
Once everyone is ready, you can start the game. Keep in mind that you should wait for all your friends to be ready before starting the game. Sadly, once the gamehas
Tips for playing Tribes of Midgard co-op
The difficulty of the game increase progressively according to the numbers of players in the game. This means that monsters will be stronger in a game with multiple players, while if you play alone monsters will be considerably weaker.
However, playing solo could turn out to be pretty difficult since you could do only one thing at the time. Whereas playing with friends you could turn this to your advantage. Ideally you should coordinate with your friend on to do different things, and to join forces whenever is needed, specially when fighting a strong enemy.
Here are some quick tips that we found most useful when playing with friends online:
- Share spared materials in the War Chest. Everything that you store there, your friends will be able to access while crafting a potion, or weapon.
- During the day is best to explore the map in different directions so that you could speed up the discovery of all the areas.
- Join forces whenever you find a powerful enemy, specially when a Jotun appears or whenever is Blood moon. Defeating these enemies alone could be extremely difficult even in early stages of the game.